Skip to main content

Save Me Save Me

I got a tweet this morning about China buying less of our debt ( http://nyti.ms/eMn2RH). The first thing that came to my mind was why do we need China to buy our debt. I can not help but think how this country came together during WWII to pay its way out of debt and depression. However, we have sat here and insisted on fighting two wars with a tax cut.

At what point do we wake up? Why did we not call the bluff of those who held UE benefits hostage until the 2001 tax cuts were extended? Please know I am from Mississippi and living here forces one to deal with reality. My reality is I shall live with or without UE benefits. What I or others on UE will do to survive I can not say but I know life always finds a way to prevail. What I know about reality is as follows: If I quit my job, stop buying clothing, stop buying food, stop buying toiletries, I still shall not be able to pay my mortgage for I shall still have no income . That is how I see reality.

If the 2001 tax cuts were sustainable then why were they not made permanent in 2001? If the 2001 tax cuts created jobs then why so many not working? Reality for me forces me to see things differently than other patriots. I see it as my duty to future generations to pay off this needless debt we have incurred. I see it as my duty to put aside my differences with other citizens and work to stabilize this nation financially. We one and all should be spending every dime we can find to buy back our securities from China. We should not continue to expect China to support our wild credit sprees.

When do we awake? The people in Europe are marching day and night over the fiscal irresponsibility of their governments. What does it take to wake us from our deep self-serving slumber? Take note China has agreed to persecute those caught infringing on our intellectual property rights. China is about to make a move to be the Superpower. I am not mad at China. Let them be the Superpower. I am upset that we are not taking care of ourselves. We are whimpering and whining over paying our bills. Take it from me. My personal finances got into a huge mess when I played the poor me card. However as I became empowered from within and started working to pay down my debt, I sleep better at night.


http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/study-bush-tax-cuts-cost-more-twice-m
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-07-27/bush-tax-cuts-and-the-gops-deficit-hypocrisy/
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2005/10/18/the-bush-tax-cuts-and-the-deficit/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.