Skip to main content

X-Men Spolier Do Not Read

I am taking the time to write my thoughts on the X-Men movie before making the hour trek home. My son and I saw the movie. We enjoyed the movie but was thrown off by the time line in the movie. Yes, I know there are things happening in my country that deserve my ranting but I am a real lover of comics and of X Men. The movie overall is worth the price of admission but there were a few things that got to me as a movie and as a X-Men lover.

Mystic was and Prof. X were the same age. Who do the producers of this movie think are coming to see it? I am an older fan and long time reader of Marvel Comics. I am sharing my love for X Men with my son. My son has been well versed in Marvel history. I resented the liberties taken in this movies.
How can Nightcrawler who is at least 100 years of age be the child of a child of the 1940's?
I thought we had advanced beyond the "Crispus Attucks" character in movies. I was disappointed to see that "Darwin" ,the black guy, who could evolve to survive his environment was the first mutant to die. I sat in my seat thinking WTH, not again.
I also had to wonder why with all of the money the X-Men series has made why Mystic's costume was so freaking lame. Her costume looked to be a freaking rubber suit. The first two installments were flawless. I thought she was a sleestak.
This movie had the most previews ever. Hollywood showcase its storehouse of upcoming movies for the next two years.

Whew!!! That rant felt good. Overall I enjoyed the movie. I did not leave the theater asking for my money. The movie did hold a few lessons as did the Marvel Comics. I did laugh at the line" Women do not belong in the CIA". I was reminded that the movie was set in 1960's America. I am so glad America has progressed beyond the 1960's. I write progress not evolved for we have too much hate of the unknown or different to have evolved. Ok, if I have not spoiled the movie for you, go see it. It is still worth the money. I am still a Marvel Fan. Also, if you go to popcorn.yahoo.net you can get a free small popcorn if you like YahooMovies on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pure Driven Snow in Mississippi

Not another gun violence blog post

It is simple in my view, we have a problem.  We must ask why are assault weapons, weapons that spray when fired, required in civilian life.  I am not against gun ownership. I do question those who are arming themselves with weapons more suited for battle than stopping home invasion.  Are these people expecting the American government to attack them? Why?

As details emerge from this latest mass shooting, it becomes more clear, we have a problem that is not solved by more guns.