Skip to main content

Sometimes it is good to be wrong

I shall make this post one of my short ones. I have made no secret of my doubts about Libya being the hotbed of unrest that is being reported in MSM. This morning as I was writing my blog about sleazy men, I found the story in the title link. The U.S. is "pressuring" other African nations to denounce Gadhafi. If you are not aware, the African continent still supplies natural resources used in many First World nations. There is a reason we did not send in drones to the Congo or to Syria. I am disappointed that President Obama would allow our country to be involved in something so vile. Gadhafi's crime is the same as Saddam's and Hugo Chavez. He has been trying to unify African countries to take control over the natural resources(nationalization). China is not investing heavily in Africa for no reason.
Please check out the links.


I have said from the start there is something funny about the "rebels" in Libya. There is something strange about there being no rumblings before the fighting took place. when you search the web as much as I do you hear rumblings before anything starts. We knew weeks in advance that Syria was about to explode. Someone saw what appeared to be unrest in the Near East and forgot Libya is an African nation. These rebels were not peaceful protesters but armed tooth and nail. People from all over the world go to Libya for work. Pop and Rock stars have performed their shows in Libya without changing the format of the show. People we need to stop drinking the MSM kool-aid. Something is wrong without our involvement in Libya. In my heart of hearts I see our involvement in Libya as nothing more than an attempt to keep African nations indebted to the West. Africans would much rather get fair pricing for their natural resources than to get "food aid" from the West.

Western nations may not wish to address the ills of slavery that decimated the African continent so long ago but to continue to oppress the people of African is unforgivable. We need to stop creating conflict in Africa. We need to encourage the leaders to be less debase and self-serving. If all of Africa nationalize all natural resources( oil, diamonds, gold, etc....) they would have enough money to build the world's finest infrastructure and system of education. If all of Africa's natural resources were nationalize it would mean that we in the West would have to start paying more for the things we enjoy everyday. It is a small price to pay to see people living free.

Links:

http://sfbayview.com/2011/mckinney-human-rights-fact-finders-show-libyan-deaths-injuries-not-propaganda/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iX7q0D8Y1zEF7mT5f0R0EwyTC7iw?docId=01b5685755a5442fb0f55a66ff28f45d

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20110518-337134/Philippine-ties-with-Libya-still-workable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.