Republicans’ Radical Agenda for America
1. Destroy 700,000 middle class jobs.
2. Zero out federal funding for National Public Radio and public television.
3. Slash $1.3 billion from community health centers and eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood.
4. Slash nearly a billion dollars in food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms, and children.
5. Slash support for Head Start, dropping 200,000 vulnerable children from pre-school.
6. Slash support for education to states which will eliminate 65,000 teachers and aides and dramatically increase class size.
7. Slash financial aid for 9.4 million low- and middle- income college students.
8. Slash $1.6 billion from the National Institutes of Health, a cut that will “send shockwaves” through cancer research.
9. Eliminate $400 million in support to the U.S. Weather Service’s early warning system for tsunamis, hurricanes and tornadoes.
10. Slash by 50% the number of veterans who get housing vouchers this year, which will increase homelessness among veterans by 10,000.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone