Skip to main content

Gas Prices Still Rising, Obama Still Not Getting It

Please read the title link. The first link in my list of links has a listing of elected officials to contact. I know by now my regular readers may think I am just a lazy blogger when I post letters from the "Whorehouse" senator, David Vitter. It is not so much as I am lazy, as it is; I enjoy showing how much he is disconnected from the people. I barely have enough money to put a gallon of gas into my vehicle, which is now in the shop after I put my last $5 into the tank this morning, let alone to afford whorehouse romps in D.C. The prices are much higher in D.C. than they are in New Orleans. My point is for him to send to me a letter of how Obama is not getting "it" when his own voting record shows a continuous disconnect with a majority of working and trying to work Americans, is too funny in a sick and debase manner.

My question for Senator "Whorehouse but his wife did not leave him" Vitter is why do you fight the proposals that will help Americans see lower gas prices?(i.e. high-speed rai). I am an IT consultant, when desperate for money, but current gas prices are forcing me to up my rates to my customers. I cover all of Mississippi, parts of AL, LA, and TN. I go wherever people will pay me. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of the benefits of high-speed rail. Yet repeatedly Vitter and his "homies" continue to push for offshore drilling. The same off shore drilling that makes swimming, fishing, and drinking the water along the Coast impossible. People in the know, know not to do any of those activities on the Coast.

When I get an email from Vitter, especially one entitled Obama not getting "it", I have to wonder if he and I even live on the same planet let alone the same country.


Here is his email:

Dear Friend,

The price at the pump is unfortunately continuing to climb, and the average price for a gallon of gas is now at $3.86. This is obviously creating a huge burden for Louisiana families.

Yet, instead of embracing common sense policies that could immediately ease some pain at the pump, the President's latest gimmick is a new task force to investigate the oil and gas markets.

Like you, I'm infuriated when I go fill up our mini-van. And like you, I know that real policy and real action is what we need to lower the price of gas – not some new task force or commission.

That is why I recently introduced legislation -- 3-D: The Domestic Jobs, Domestic Energy, and Deficit Reduction Act of 2011. It would unleash our vast domestic energy potential to create American jobs, help free us from our reliance on foreign oil and begin to reduce our $14 trillion national debt. The 3-D Act speeds up the permitting process while ensuring the responsible development of our abundant domestic resources.

Here in Louisiana we know first-hand the importance of producing domestic energy, but the administration continues to drag its feet on issuing permits, keeping much of the Gulf of Mexico off limits for energy production.

In addition to introducing the 3-D Act, I have placed a hold on one of Obama's top Interior Department nominees until they issue at least 15 new deepwater exploratory permits. There were zero when I placed the hold; today there are 11. Once we reach the benchmark of 15, I'll continue pushing for more so we can reach and even exceed pre-oil spill production numbers.

Increasing domestic energy supply will bring down the price of gasoline, but first, we must dig our way out of the mountains of regulations under which the administration has buried the Gulf Coast energy project.



Sincerely,

David Vitter Signature

David Vitter
United States Senator



Links
http://bit.ly/gz8Yel (blog opposing high-speed rail. you will find a listing of elected officials to contact about high-speed rail. contact them to get them to support it.)
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1957575,00.html
http://elpc.org/benefits-of-high-speed-rail
http://bit.ly/hM4Trl
http://bit.ly/gdVT76

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.