Skip to main content

Chasing the rabbit on a sunny day

Please click on the title link to get the background for the chase. I love life and humans.


Today, as life returned to my body, I took time to speak with an offline buddy about life in general. Given I am a product of my society; I was reading tweets as I spoke with my buddy. I came across one tweet about child abuse that led me to another news article in the local paper (http://bit.ly/dJMzU). It is this news article that led to my buddy and I chasing the rabbit.

The article spoke of the cancellation by a local Tea Party to demonstrate outside the building that houses a local Nation of Islam Study group the day before Easter. The reason for the demonstration was to highlight radical Islam. At the end of the article there was a paragraph of an email sent earlier this week confirming the plans of the National Black Panther Party of Self Defense to be at the same location the day before Easter. All things being me, I immediately saw humor in the cancellation. My buddy and I started the bunny chase down the rabbit hole with great laughter.

The first chamber of the rabbit hole was our questioning why protest on a Saturday, when mosque is Friday night? Who knows maybe the Nation of Islam is only serious about “da White man” and not Islam. Wrong answer if you think so. I sat in my truck laughing my stomach off (might as well make it productive). Easter is not a big day in Islam. I said to my buddy only in Mississippi would you have people so clueless.

Clueless Mississippians was the second chamber in the rabbit hole. I immediately corrected myself given the large number of people in Mississippi with college and advanced degrees. Mississippi leads the nation when it comes to underemployment. My buddy who is not from Mississippi agreed with me on the actual IQ level for the state being much higher than its projected image. My revision statement pointed out how sad people can be filled with so much hate they are willing to lower their IQ levels. Hate causes people to become blind to the truth.

The third chamber into which we fell laughing our overweight hind-parts was how Jesus would be hated today if he walked the streets. My buddy said he would be called a faggot. I stated ,no, he would be called a gang banger. I said think about it, the historical Jesus, of the Christian myth, was of dark complexion with woolly hair, little respect for the hypocritical religious governing body of his day, always teaching his interpretation of scripture, he rolled 12 deep with his homeboys, and he had women still doing favors for him after he was in a jam on the cross. We laughed until the tears stained my shirt.

We finally decided to let the rabbit go for we had gone far enough in the rabbit hole to know it was crazy. Had we caught the rabbit we risked being just as crazy as everything else in its hole.


http://bit.ly/hnzOXD Facts about Islam
http://bit.ly/cwQ5Dw Islam holidays (use for better protest scheduling)

http://bit.ly/dR9RU6 Organization dealing with the results of gang violence. Check deeper before giving.
http://bit.ly/6CfsDp Another official Jesus is My Homeboy site. Check before giving.

http://ti.me/aa2TxA Fear of Islam
http://huff.to/fTiiGG Soledad O’Brien


Music in my ears
http://amzn.to/gC660O Adele 21
http://amzn.to/dKlvvT Leonie Casanova

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.