Skip to main content

More private gain and public pain

I just read an article about my beloved mass transit system in Atlanta, GA. Given I currently do not have access to mass transit but drive 60 miles one way for a job, I miss MARTA. Mass transportation is smarta - take MARTA. As I read the article, I had several thoughts. If we had universal healthcare would operating costs be so very high? Although it states $27/hour is the cost for cleaning MARTA, I have to wonder how many people are working each hour? Why is the state of Georgia reluctant to spend money on MARTA when people all over benefit from MARTA? Why has MARTA not been expanded? Read this link for yourself. Decided if the system should be made private. I see this article as nothing more than a push for private gain at public expense. More private gain and public pain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pure Driven Snow in Mississippi

Not another gun violence blog post

It is simple in my view, we have a problem.  We must ask why are assault weapons, weapons that spray when fired, required in civilian life.  I am not against gun ownership. I do question those who are arming themselves with weapons more suited for battle than stopping home invasion.  Are these people expecting the American government to attack them? Why?

As details emerge from this latest mass shooting, it becomes more clear, we have a problem that is not solved by more guns.