Skip to main content

Independent voting

Third parties, rising from the depths to gain control of a nation caught in a whirlpool is what I predict for the near future. Do keep in mind I am not Ms. Cleo but I do make this predication. Third parties have been around for over 100 years (http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2004/August/20040830165442frllehctim0.307461.html) at the national level of our political system. Ross Perot the most famous candidate of recent times accurately predicted the economic mess in which we now found ourselves. Ron Paul, father of Tea Bagger number one, Rand Paul, was wooed by many Independents to run apart from the Republican machine. However, giving into the fear of disrupting the smooth processes brought about by the two party systems; too afraid to pull a “Nadar”, he declined to run as an independent. Ron Paul and Kucinich for 2012 what a ticket.

Why do we have a fear of going outside of the two parties? Could it be the redressing, given to anyone who dares to vote outside of the Dem or Repub machinery? (Verbose, I know) I am certain those who have dared to mention voting Independent have heard the infamous saying, “Why are you just throwing away your vote?” I say if you vote and the vote is counted, you are not throwing it away. Votes are only thrown away if they become lost in the vehicles of state troopers who cannot find their way to the county counting office. I say fear not the Independent, what have voting either Dem or Repub gotten us? I voted for the Green Party candidate in the last presidential election. .............................................................. ...................... Sorry, I was waiting for the world to end at my confession. I could not in good faith vote for either McCain or Obama. McCain had Sarah Palin, which would have put her too close to being at the top for my comfort level. Obama had too many allies from a bygone era waiting in the wings to claim cabinet positions. In addition, I was one of the disenchanted females perturb with Clinton being railroaded by the DNC. The good thing for me was the Green Party candidate was someone whom I had known for some time and knew I could count on her to do the right thing for America as a whole.

At the end of the day, ask, what has either of the two parties done for this country lately? The Democrats elected in 2006 did absolutely nothing to repeal any of the Bush policies. They did not even speak behind closed doors about repealing anything. In fact, immediately after the 2006 mid-term election they said they would do nothing against Bush and crew. (http://www.slate.com/id/2172547/ http://www.nytimes.com/cq/2006/11/08/cq_1916.html ). Talk about a WTF moment. The current soon to be majority party in the House, is already discussing repealing legislation enacted to improve the conditions of Americans. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/03/michele-bachmann-insurrection_n_791688.html ). Another WTF moment when employment in this country is still at a high level brought to us from a member of the two-party election machinery. Yet we continue to bow down in support of these demi-gods.

In light of such behaviors by both parties, I ask are we men (women) or are we sheep? Do we have the fortitude to take a stand in the voting booths against such self-serving individuals? Do we have the fortitude to take a stand before they even get their names on the ballots? I say that we as Americans do have the fortitude to do so. So let us just do it.

Comments

  1. The trouble with voting 3rd party or not voting at all is that you ALWAYS help the person you like the least (or hate the most). IMO there are only 2 alternatives and they both need to be implemented simultaneous.

    1) Get involved in the party of your choice (and drag others of like persuasion with you) and be a voice - hell in a lot of areas you can take at least a ward, if not the the county just by showing up with other motivated people.

    2) Work with (or start) an election reform group and work for instant run-off voting. For more info: www.fairvote.org/endorsers-of-instant-runoff-voting

    If you need any motivation &/or nuts and bolts techniques, become a regular listener to Thom Hartmann's MAGNIFICENT radio &/or TV show. http://www.thomhartmann.com

    BTW: Hartmann's latest book is available for FREE - a chapter a week - at: http://www.truth-out.org/thom-hartmann-rebooting-american-dream65183

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.