Skip to main content

Healthcare

The woman is back!!!! (Elton John is my leader) I am only 10% away from being my normal self but I am ready to tackle life again. Today, I shall write of my view on healthcare reform.

One of two things that I fear the new House will waste time and money on is how not to fund healthcare reform. The other is using federal funds to trace the president’s place of birth. In regards to healthcare reform, I see it being unfunded and nothing done to improve it. In my personal view, I do think there is more that can be done to ensure the health of our citizens. I am all for a system similar to Sweden’s (http://www.swedishhealthcare.se/swedenshealthcaresystem.html). There seems to be such a rush to create failure for President Obama that some are not seeing a glaring reality of life. Our aging population is increasing and short of gassing everyone over 55, we must do something now to prepare the system to handle the increase in participants. In addition, due to globalization our rate of unemployment will remain high until there is assimilation by American industry into the global workforce. Until that time, the unemployed need to have options to remain healthy. My COBRA was $900 a month. A single mother on UI benefits cannot afford $900 a month COBRA. Our system is not working and I would like to think that we have evolved beyond survival of the fittest in our civilized society.

It is imperative that we start, now, letting Congress know as a whole what we really think of healthcare reform. It is also imperative that we actually educate the public in lay terms what the current healthcare reform offers and denies. There has been so much disinformation in the media about the current healthcare reform, some people who need it would vote against it. Today, I received a tweet stating only 43% of Americans supported healthcare reform. What the tweet did not say was detail what the 57% of non-supports did not like about healthcare reform. The liberal base is upset that it did not go far enough. Some business owners, and rightly so, fear their costs will increase. There are those who are just too confused to think anything good of the reform.

I write today in favor of healthcare reform that goes further than the current reform. I long for a healthcare system that does not force Americans not in the healthcare industry to learn medical coding. I currently have medical debts due to incorrect coding. Try fighting insurance companies on coding issues. I long for a healthcare system that allows employees of small businesses to have comprehensive healthcare without bankrupting the employer. Currently, private insurance companies gouge small business owners who desire to provide health insurance for employees. I desire to see a healthcare system that promotes preventive measures rather than pharmaceutical care. Our system is broken but it can be fixed. A healthy society is a productive society. Reforming healthcare works for us all.

Light reading suggestion: Norway, Sweden, and Luxembourg all share something other than government healthcare systems.

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/96409/E88669.pdf
http://www.europe-cities.com/en/633/norway/health/

http://www.europe-cities.com/en/633/luxembourg/health/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.