Skip to main content

Wake up America Part 4

Environmental, health, safety, and socioeconomic concerns associated with oil recovery from U.S. tar-sand deposits: State-of-knowledge

Remember to click the links at the bottom and the title link.

I know very well how tough times are in America. However, if I am not willing to sell my body to feed my family why would I sell my country? I am depending on my children and my friends' children being able to live off the land for generations to come. If we sell out now to various energery concerns that will only pollute our land then how can we expect our children's chlidren to be able to live off the land? We need solutions to energy demands but the tar sands are not the answer and building a pipeland across the pristine mid-west is not the answer for job creation.

I enjoy eating but polluting our fields and streams is not the way to create jobs. We need the "job creators" to go back to the drawing borad. Also, why is there no press coverage over the protests of the tar sands? Why is the protest not being televised by the "liberal media". The media is about as liberal as I am a super underwear model. Trust me, me in my undies is not pretty. Once again the coverage is coming from the UK on matters of importance to our nation, why?

We must wake up to what is being done in our nation. If we sleep on this matter our children will not be able provide for their children.

WakeUp



http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/05/fake-twitter-tar-sands-pipeline
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/19/protest-white-house-tar-sands
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/310538
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/20/tar-sands-action-protests_n_932191.html#s334393&title=Tar_Sands_Sit
http://www.tarsandsaction.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pure Driven Snow in Mississippi

Why We Need More People of Color Writing Syfy

This weekend due to an enduring cough, I decided to binge watch Wayward Pines.  In truth, I actually need to binge on Game of Thrones but I shall save that binge($$$$$) for my birthday.  Let me not chase that rabbit for now.  Wayward Pines is one example of how having majority White writers of science fiction/fantasy continue to ignore the actual composition of Earth's population, the societal norms of those populations, and the ability of those populations to thrive outside of White intervention.

I am a lover of Fantasy and Science Fiction since childhood. What I have noted over the years is a common theme, humans(White people) have changed the environment to the point of either some horrifying human mutation or some climate apocalypse.  I often wonder why in these writings we don't see an evolution that leads to world peace.  Start Trek is one of the few that shows the possibility for humans after we  learn to work for peace not war.  However,  even Star Trek fails to accur…