Skip to main content

Oprah won't be my friend...*sigh*


Oprah won't be my friend *sigh*
 
The other day as I was flipping through Twitter, I saw a tweet about Oprah.  The tweet stated anyone using the word Nigger will not be her friend.  Well, I can safely say I shall not be Oprah's friend.  Although one would be hard press to recall my speaking the word nigger, I have blogged it enough to be a platinum selling rap artist.  I have a series of blog postings entitled “Nigger Please…”

I understand the aversion to the word very well.  I shall never forget the day when the school librarian, who was also the wife of the superintendent, called me a nigger.  To be fair, she was referring to all of the black children in the room that morning.  I informed her that she could not say such things at a public school and I would let my mama know of her behavior.  I think her husband informed her of my gun loving and shoot freely family.  She was apologetic on the next visit and extremely helpful.    

When I use the word in my writings it is not a term of endearment.  I use it when I am at wit’s end in explaining the behaviors of some people in the news.  These people know who they are and why I write of their niggardly behaviors using derogatory tones and terms.  There are times when “fuck you” just isn’t enough.  At this time in my life, I have not perfected the art of ignoring stupid.  I am working on it but I am a work in progress.  It is true; I have higher expectations of blacks in America for we have overcome so much to act so niggardly at times.  In fact when I use the term it usually comes when I have witnessed attacks on blacks by other so-called “educated” blacks.  I am not referencing the Smiley/West tag team on President Obama but if you wish to go there so be it.  There are times when “fuck it” just don’t cut it. 

Just as I shall not be an overnight guest at Oprah’s house, it seems I shall not be her friend either.  Will I not sleep because I am not her friend? No, I have a medical condition that allows me to sleep through many things.  Will my hair turn grey because of it? No, age will is doing just fine on its own.  When I reach the stage of perfection in dealing with my emotions, I may become Oprah’s friend.  Hell, I may be her overnight houseguest.  She may somehow find in the ethers the ability to forgive me for such imperfections and reach out to me as I walk this path of evolution.  However, until that time, when people do stupid shit I shall express myself freely for in America we still have the right to freedom of speech. We do still have it that right, right?

P.S.  To those without knowledge.  Nigger and its many derivatives is derogatory no matter how you say it or use it.  Do not try to make it positive.  It is what it is offensive.

http://aliberalinthemidst.blogspot.com/2013/05/nigger-pleaseseriously-please-get-grip.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.