Skip to main content

life gets better

Happy day Exodus International will close.    Ex-gay is a mythical creature that never existed.   Repressed homosexuality is an alive and well beast.   I hope with Exodus' closing more in the LGBTQ community can develop healthy self views.  

I have been amazed at the number who insisted I chose to be gay.   I often ask,  " You believe I have dome sado masochistic desire to live in fear?"  I did not choose to be gay. I choose to hide it for years in order to make high school less abusive.   However the hiding created another set of issues.  I am thankful this pseudo ministry is closing.  After ruining lives for 37 years they close.  

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/exodus-international-curing-gays-since-1976-closes/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+OTB+(Outside+The+Beltway+|+OTB)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pure Driven Snow in Mississippi

Why We Need More People of Color Writing Syfy

This weekend due to an enduring cough, I decided to binge watch Wayward Pines.  In truth, I actually need to binge on Game of Thrones but I shall save that binge($$$$$) for my birthday.  Let me not chase that rabbit for now.  Wayward Pines is one example of how having majority White writers of science fiction/fantasy continue to ignore the actual composition of Earth's population, the societal norms of those populations, and the ability of those populations to thrive outside of White intervention.

I am a lover of Fantasy and Science Fiction since childhood. What I have noted over the years is a common theme, humans(White people) have changed the environment to the point of either some horrifying human mutation or some climate apocalypse.  I often wonder why in these writings we don't see an evolution that leads to world peace.  Start Trek is one of the few that shows the possibility for humans after we  learn to work for peace not war.  However,  even Star Trek fails to accur…