Skip to main content

The Digital Unification - Death in a Digital World.

Words sometimes escape me although I log unknown 140 char tweets almost every day of the week.   The only word to never fail me is love. Love is my response to all things.   No matter how horrific my response is love. 
I shall expound later my thoughts found in this short missive.  Last night, I learned someone with whom I had been online gaming for almost a year was one of the five officers killed in Dallas.  As gamers we don’t ask if your avi is really you or your government name.  I play as a man of color for there is no female of color avi.  It is an accepting community.  We talk smack but our world is the game.  Our alliance is our family.  We share bits of our lives but mostly we are there to escape.
Last night, this player’s mother, understanding gaming culture, contacted us to let us know her son wouldn’t be there anymore.   We send prayers to her and her family.  We give thanks she thought of us. We do keep tabs on one another and worry if someone is offline for 2 days or more.  We are a digital family.
This player and I had work together to slay dragons and to steal cups.  We had plotted how to not allow our rss to be stolen.  We blasted the gemmers while owning to the fact we also had $$$$ to spend.  Mostly we gamed to escape a world that filled each day with hate like an addict filling his or her arm with a deadly drug. 
We were/are the dreamers.  I’ve never hidden the fact the closet I come to worshiping a deity is when I say Gene Roddenberry’s name.   I hold to a belief Star Trek is real.  Violence should not be our go to option for resolution of our anger.  We as humans can love one another freely to evolve into beings capable of building starships that move at warp speed.  Food, shelter, and clothing are no longer a struggle for any human.  All of Earth has been formed into an agrarian paradise with air made pure.  Yes, I am a middle-aged woman with fantasies.
If you find my fantasies strange or crazy as yourself why.  Why do you accept humans killing humans as a norm?  Why do you accept smog as a norm? Why do you accept hunger as a norm? It is my view those things are the abnormalities that are counterproductive for our continued survival as a species.  We need to rethink what we are willing to accept as our norms.    

Roddenberry has spoken: 
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

The human race is a remarkable creature, one with great potential, and I hope that 'Star Trek' has helped to show us what we can be if we believe in ourselves and our abilities.

“If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear.”
“Matter of internal security - the age-old cry of the oppressor.
Picard” 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.