Skip to main content

Meetings are like committees

The items below came from the meeting  President  Obama  had with members  of the current  protests  regarding  the inequality  of law in America via Www.dailykos.com.  I have added my comments. 

Among other avenues for change, the group’s demands include:
*The federal government using its power to prosecute police officers that kill or abuse people.

== Civics & Constitution  be returned  to our high  schools. This demand opens the door  for  countless  government  over reach suits.  The first step is to establish it at state level. The people  must vote in local  and state  elections. ==

*Removing local district attorneys from the job of holding police accountable, and instead having independent prosecutors at the local level charged with prosecuting officers.

== Again  another demand that opens  up the Pandora  box of government  over reach . Again people  must take part in local  & state elections . ==

*The establishment of community review boards that can make recommendations for police misconduct, instead of allowing police departments to police themselves.
== Again , naw, do you see the pattern? State and local  elections  music have full  voter participation .  ==

*Defunding local police departments that use excessive force or racially profile.

== Excellent  idea if in reference  to the federal  funds  sent to police departments  via grants .==

*Instead of having the Department of Justice (DOJ) wholesale giving more than $250 million to local police departments annually, DOJ should only fund departments that agree to adopt DOJ best practices for training and meaningful comunity input.
The demilitarization of local police departments.

== Excellent  idea if in reference  to the federal  funds  sent to police departments  via grants .==

*Investing in programs that provide alternatives to incarceration, such as community-led restorative justice programs and community groups that educate people about their rights.

== Excellent  idea.  We can start with My Brother's  Keeper and expand.  The issue  is not there are no programs  but we don't  listen  until someone  is shot.  These programs  need to have metrics  by which community  impact can be quantified.  =

It is good  the meeting  occurred. I hope the word gets to the streets  marching  without  a destination  serves no purpose . When stating the destination  ask what is the best  route?  Having  fair minded  people  in office  is best in my opinion. We need to vote and to run for public  office.

The destination  in the case of the protest  must be for equality  within the law. If there is any other destination  then things will splinter and die.  Unity in action, direction , and thought will bring success .  However  if we don't  vote it all matters not.

The list  taken from Www.dailykos.com , http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/01/1348725/-Young-Ferguson-Activists-Meet-With-Obama-Six-Fine-Solutions-Emerge?detail=twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.