Skip to main content

Clueless Fucks

Okay, every now and then, as of late, I find the strength to get out of bed to blog.   In truth it could be the McDs coffee in my system that boosts me up.  Today it is the #EBT that motivated me.  The hate, the racism, the classism, and all of the other ism from that hash tag is beyond sad.  People without a fucking clue tweeted their cluelessness with glee. 

I ask who becomes gleeful when humans go hungry?  I once drove 160 miles a day for $11/hr.  I did not qualify for EBT.  I was a hungry motherfucker.  I don't wish hunger on anyone.  I can think of no one I wish to see hungry.  It is amazing Jesus, the Christ, did not think hunger was a reason for glee either.  Yet, the gleeful "Christians" were frothing to be the one with the most tweets of shame for the poor.  "Get a job" was the most often posted tweet.  Clueless.


It amazes me how the McDs or Walmart worker is not appreciated or considered to be a burden on society.  Okay raise minimum wage to $22/hr these people will not be on EBT.  Yet time and time again these workers are derided by the 1% or the wanna be 1% for not having better jobs.  I am sure the owners of McDs welcome the opportunity to work the front counter and drive thru by themselves.  I am sure the district managers for Walmart dream of working the checkout lines by themselves.  The minimum wage earner is part of the American taxation equation and pays his or her fair share.  I don't seem them as takers.  Without the minimum wage earner you don't have millionaires.  Clueless

It is amazing the attacks and shaming of the poor but not a peek about the millionaires who get government subsidies.  Monsanto gets subsides and farm aid via their "producers" or what I call modern day share cropping.  Sure the check has Farmer John's name on it but he owes it all to Monsanto or Tyson.  I am a country woman and I see this shit every 6 to 9 months.  Former family farms now being owned by corporate interests.  Families working 3 -4 jobs to keep the family farm that is in debt to Monsanto or Tyson.  Yet no one squawks about the more than $6K a month given to these companies for doing nothing.  I guess the working poor getting $6K a year in EBT are easier targets.  Clueless

The #EBT brought out those who believe in the mythical society of welfare queens.  I even had to correct my cousin on this matter.  I said to him, if you see welfare fraud report it.  Talking to me will do no good unless you are dropping names to me.  Yet if you are spreading it on the street then go tell the proper authorities. Some people just want to bitch. They don't know the welfare queen anymore than I know Santa Claus.  They are looking for a fight and feel the working poor are the best target.  When we turn a blind eye to such assaults we are no better than the bully.  I am speaking up an out on this strain of stupidity.  Clueless

As I sat sipping my McDs coffee becoming more geeked by the minute with each sip, a woman approached me for help with her phone.  She related to me a story of seeing an elderly White woman crying at the grocery store yesterday because her EBT card was declined.  I thought of one tweeter's comment of people freaking out over a little inconvenience .  I live in the rural area of rural Mississippi, getting a ride 17 miles into town to buy food is more than a little inconvenience.  It is degrading for many of the elderly in my area who now use EBT having worked most of their lives without EBT.  They are ashamed at having to ask for a ride into town let alone at having the card declined when they get to the register.  I was appalled at the callous attitudes on Twitter regarding #EBT failure.  I was more appalled these tweeters claimed to be Christians.  I had a "money changers in the temple moment" during the #EBT Festival of Haters. Clueless

When Xmas times comes this year, which according to my local CVS was last week, I don't expect to hear jack about a war on Xmas.  What good is Xmas when you are hating the poor the rest of the year? Clueless Fucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.