Skip to main content

Seriously

My final day off work and I decided to tune in to CSPAN.  I wanted to see what the House was up to in regards to the fiscal issues we face as a nation.  if you follow me on twitter (@amsmawoman) you know my reaction.  Those children of God get paid to do nothing.  They spoke for almost an hour about the executive order by President Obama for a Congressional pay raise.  They then moved on to discuss a post office in Wisconsin.  I thought to myself "Seriously?!?"  It is a new year and I have vowed to tone done my cursing.  Days like today, are trying.  The GOP controlled House is very trying.  These people were doing everything they could to not address the matter of the fiscal well being of the nation.

As always, I must be honest.  I am not a fan of the deal hammered out in the Senate.  It is a piece of work at best.  The first thing that caught my attention was the fact of a permanent tax cut.  We as a nation of responsible  adults can not afford a tax cut for any of our citizens when we have yet to pay for the wars we started.  I am keeping it plain.  We must start paying down the loans given to us for the wars we started.  We do not need to allow these loans to accrue any additional interest.  It is wrong to put this bill on our children when the wars were not fought for our children. 

Although I was against the wars, the Bush tax-cuts of 2001, and every other GOP waste of the projected surplus left by the Clinton Administration, I am prepared to work to get our nation out of this unnecessary debt.  Yes, it means more beans and rice in my home but I would rather beans and rice now than on the table for my grandchildren.  The truth as I see it is we can not cut our way out of this mess.  We need to spend money on our infrastructure, education, science,  and our healthcare.  The time to cut will come but cutting the social fiscal safety net is not showing fiscal responsibility

The only good thing about the House's reaction today is it shows the GOP obstruction for what it is.  Although I am not a fan of the deal hammered out in the Senate, it would have been better for the GOP to have voted on the bill today.  Today's infantile behavior by the House is showing the GOP to be corporate owned pawns more concerned with corporations than the people.  This behavior must be addressed in 2014 and in our local/state government.  Enough is enough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.