Skip to main content

The Crazy Continues in America

 Excuse me if I go astray as I type this posting.  I have worked long hours and watched Scandal.  However, the real scandal is the one committed by the GOP.  Somehow between a desire to see President Obama fail and Koch brother money funding a misinformation campaign, the people in America believe getting cancellation notice of their junk policies is worse than slavery.  Hint: It is not. 

Tonight as I attempting to catch-up on all I missed today, someone replied to me on Twitter about "Obamacare".  I stated the ACA was not actually President Obama's original plan.  This person insisted it was. I then asked the person what plan did she/he have to replace ACA.  Instead of responding the person insisted I was not sane.  I may not be but I do know if we don't have ACA we need something better than the for profit system we currently have.  I digress, my point this person only knows healthcare reform was done while a Black man was in office.

She then sent a link to me of something Ben Carson said about healthcare.  She even added he was a classy man.  I guess this was her attempt to say she is not a racist.  Personally I think the fact she sent a link from Ben Carson rather than an actuary or economist means she is racist.  I don't agree with all Black people.  Ask my mother, I don't agree with her most of the time.  I digress, again, my point is I read the link.  Basically Ben Carson is discussing Single Payer with the banks being in charge of the money instead of the government. 

Now, I shall give Ben a pass for thinking government is not good.  He is a Black male older than I and is sure to have seen some things in his life.  However, I believe a government of the people, for the people, and by the people is better at management of the public good than a private bank.  I don't think we should take public money and put it into a private bank.  It amazes me she would send this link to me. 

ACA/Obamacare is not the best plan.  We can make it better.  Hell, we should implement President Obama's actual plan.  Yes, the for profit insurance industry would take a hit just like the wagon wheel industry did back in the day.  However we are better for having better transportation and we will be better with single payer.  These people moaning and groaning over the cancellation of their catastrophic insurance polices that have bilked them out of their money, will be okay.  ACA has done good for America since its passage in 2010.  

I am off to sleep for Mama has to work.  We need to stop the misinformation about ACA.  We need healthcare reform in America.  As always read the links.




Links
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/14/1255596/-Another-reason-why-Mary-Landrieu-s-bill-is-a-political-winner#

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/harry-reid-david-vitter-obamacare-99868.html

http://ifawebnews.com/2013/02/07/ben-carson-cites-alternative-to-obamacare-at-national-prayer-breakfast/

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/important-perspective-on-obamacare.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/house-democrats-obamacare-promise-99899.html

http://www.aarp.org/health/health-insurance/info-08-2013/affordable-care-act-health-benefits.html

Koch shit

http://obamacarefacts.com/koch-brothers-facts-obamacare.php
 http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/07/08/2262831/koch-brothers-obamacare-misinformation/
http://theweek.com/article/index/246544/the-koch-brothers-1-million-campaign-to-kill-obamacare


Whining:  Things didn't go as planned. The plan was to get the ACA provisions that protect consumers from junk policies ended.  Now we have the whining. 

GOP just blocking shit

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-pushes-senate-breaking-point
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/obama-judicial-nominees_n_4255062.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.