Skip to main content

Is hate the GOP way

It is official. The GOP strategy of hate for winning elections is bad for America. The GOP in 2012 has managed to alienate everyone other than heterosexual, protestant, six-figure salaried, screw the environment, war hawk white males. It seems as if the only vote that matters to the GOP will not come from anyone who is not male, white, heterosexual, protestant or making six-figures per year. The rub in the wound are the attempts to make anyone reading the GOP playbook aloud into a bully. We have watched, for over a year, racist, homophobic, misogynist, and pollution as solution GOP candidates cry foul each time someone shines light on the wayward logic of the party. We must end this stuff now. Most of thinking Americans have long come to the conclusion that the real issue with President Obama is his being Black. However, the GOP, circle the wagons, leadership did not stop the fear mongering at Black president. Homosexuals, the other boogie-man in the GOP closet, have been hit with a chicken sandwich eat-a-thon. Mike Huckabee led the charge to fill Cathy’s pockets as a tribute for Cathy’s willingness to stand on hate. Mitt Romney and the other GOP presidential hopefuls showed early on their view of the Latino population. Paul Rogers, RNC Committee Man of Arizona went as far as to condemn a meeting between the Arizona governor and Native Americans. Rogers wrote it was a dishonor to the memory of Custer. Is the GOP strategy really to alienate anyone they deem not worthy? I cannot say, however I do know to fight a woman is prelude to failure. The GOP leadership has continued to promote what has amounted to a war on women. Initially the GOP sent out the women to explain there was no war on women. We women outside the party are in hysterics. Yet, the current GOP VP pick voted against equal pay for women. As a woman and a mother, I need to be paid. My children enjoy eating well and often. Yeah, I may be just a little bit hysterical. If I am hysterical please explain the focus on reproduction rights for women. The GOP has done nothing but focus on the unborn fetus while telling current children access to health care and food will be limited. The shots fired every day by the GOP at women tell me we are in a war. The “parenthood” amendments dotting the state legislatures across the country were only spent rounds of ammunition compared to the cannon ball shot by Todd Akin. Hukabee’s willingness to pack the “legitimate rape” cannon for another round only makes it clear there is a war on women. Since “legitimate rape” produces no offspring, Ryan is correct in denying access to abortion regardless of the circumstances of conception. Are these people even American? Are they warlords from the Congo? Being of African slave decent I could truly make a few other statements on legitimate rape. The GOPs strategy seems to be to divide and to conquer. However, I feel safe knowing Americans are too smart to fall for such a campaign of hate and intolerance. http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/08/24/rnc-official-says-nm-governor-disrespected-custer-by-meeting-american-indians-130958 http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-26/god-and-gay-marriage-what-chick-fil-a-could-learn-from-marriott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at protest marches.   We would be shot before the

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discovery .  Guys chill out ,  future  happens . 

Y'all should eat my grits no cheese

It is two days after the GOP primary in Mississippi. We are still laughing at Mitt's attempt to cuddle up to us with cheesy grits and a few y'alls thrown in. In my area of Mississippi it is yaw'all(10 second word). Had he come here expecting us to be able to count to 20 without removing our shoes, he may have been taken a little bit more seriously. I am not sure if Mitt's grits ranks with Bush's "this part of the world" statement after Katrina but it ranks. Truthfully, I enjoy cheese in my grits along with garlic and red pepper. However, I do not think my love of grits, a bowl every morning, makes me Southern. Although I was born in Southern California and partially reared in Southern Wisconsin, I consider myself a full blown Mississippian. Along with keeping my grits to myself, I also speak without care of accent. The fact that I can tell you how to get from Memphis to the Coast without using the interstate or Google says I am from Mississippi.