Skip to main content

What I desire from a re-election

I write the post in response to a question put to me on Twitter. There are some things for which 140 characters are not enough. I was asked what I expect from President Obama's re-election. In truth, I expect nothing if Congress continues to be made up of those who seek nothing more than to discredit the President at the expense of the American people. President Obama showed to me, during his first term, his understanding of the desires of the American people. I am working with others across the United States to get out the vote to change Congress from those owned by the multinational corporations to those who desire to do what is best for the people of America.




Currently the President seems to stand alone in desiring to do what is best for Americans. I am not saying he walks on water. There are several executive orders from the Bush Administration that on the civil liberties of Americans which the President have not rescinded. The President's silence on laws that prohibit the rights of people to assemble peacefully for protest (Occupy) is troubling. However, a majority of the laws negatively impacting the quality of life of Americans are created in Congress.



We as Americans must seek out and obtain an education in American Civics. We have expectations of the president that should be held for Congress. Until we remove from office those who are obstructing our forward progress, we will have more of the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...