Skip to main content

Fairness Doctrine - Liberal media

Today I sent an email to my local radio station asking for a time slot.  I shall see if I am allotted time on the station. I have asked in person and via snail mail. 

I asked for a slot on the new Urban radio station that broadcasts football games of the private academies created after Brown v. Topeka....  I live in a very conservative area, hence the name of my blog.  The media where I live is much the same as the rest of the United States, not liberal.  Reagan's elimination of the Fairness Doctrine allowed conservative media owners to change the narrative presented to the American people. The people here for the most part are under informed or choose not to engage with the local media because it is skewed against free thinking.

Please wish me well.  Although I have blogtalk radio, I wish to be able to reach the people in my area as well.  Many here do not have broadband or access to a computer.  Currently offline radio and print media still have value in this area when it comes to informing the population. 

I am also looking into my own station should I need be able to get a slot on the  existing airwaves. 

Regards,
Libby

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/electionissues/a/fcc_fairness.htm

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2011/06/talk-radios-long-war-fairness-doctrine-over/38634/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...