I just read an article about my beloved mass transit system in Atlanta, GA. Given I currently do not have access to mass transit but drive 60 miles one way for a job, I miss MARTA. Mass transportation is smarta - take MARTA.
As I read the article, I had several thoughts.
If we had universal healthcare would operating costs be so very high?
Although it states $27/hour is the cost for cleaning MARTA, I have to wonder how many people are working each hour?
Why is the state of Georgia reluctant to spend money on MARTA when people all over benefit from MARTA?
Why has MARTA not been expanded?
Read this link for yourself. Decided if the system should be made private. I see this article as nothing more than a push for private gain at public expense.
More private gain and public pain
Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.
Comments
Post a Comment