Skip to main content

Jason Crow, Captain, U.S. Army (ret.)

I'm not a delegate. I'm not a politician. I'm a veteran.

I was an Army Ranger captain and fought alongside some of this country's bravest soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. And like all veterans, I swore an oath and promised to defend our country. And our country made a promise too, a promise to support us overseas and fight for us when we came home. I'm here to say that President Obama kept that promise.

I now live with my wife and son in Colorado, but many of the men and women with whom I served never returned home. And others came home bearing visible and invisible scars of battle. When they and their families needed help, our commander-in-chief was there for them, from expanding veterans' benefits to strengthening the VA health system.

President Obama knows that the military is the standard-bearer for American values. It was wrong that men and women I served with could be told they weren't good enough just because of their sexual orientation. Soldiers who I trusted with my life, and fought alongside with, could be discharged because of who they loved.

President Obama did the right thing by ending "don't ask, don't tell." The choice is clear.

In the biggest speech of his life, Governor Romney didn't mention our troops in Afghanistan even once. President Obama is thinking about service members, their families and veterans every single day.

All our service members and veterans deserve four more years of a president who has their back. And that is why, right now, I am asking you to join me in supporting our president, our commander-in-chief, Barack Obama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...