Skip to main content

Republican Strategy

This morning on C. Armanpour I heard the most ridiculous statement of my day; “John Huntsman while appealing to a majority of Americans will not appeal to the majority of Republicans.” I am paraphrasing the statement for I am blind in one eye and barely seeing out of the other. Frank Luntz made my head spin faster than the “Ryan Budget Plan”.

I am seriously sitting at my local McD’s on my second cup of coffee and my head is still spinning. He, Luntz, went on to state how Paul Ryan or Chris Christie would be good candidates. I thought in my uber-liberal heart, “please let Ryan or Christie be the Republican choice.” In the spirit of competition I could not understand why if the Republicans really wanted to win they do not make the two Mormons the frontrunners. (Tongue now stuck in cheek) Seriously the only Republican candidates with a chance to unseat Obama, other than the Bizzaro Obama from a parallel universe, would be Romney or Huntsman. They both have proven that they understand the center where most Americans live.

The last words I heard from Luntz’s mouth were along the lines of negative politics. He stated Huntsman was shooting himself in the foot by being negative (honest) about other Republicans. He stated that Republican voters did not wish to hear negativity (truth). Republicans, according to Luntz were more concerned with taking down Obama. My world spun out of control and I awoke sitting in McDonalds at my laptop. WTL (What the Love). Did I just hear Luntz say the Republican strategy was to unseat Obama?!!!?? What about jobs? What about education? What about fixing our infrastructure (technical and physical)? Who are these people? Do they really hate Obama so much they are willing to sink our nation in the process?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...