Skip to main content

Life is Good

I have veggie chili in the crock pot and wine in my hand. My child is making A's life is good.

Yet in the midst of the good life I think of the trouble on the horizon. A hurricane threatens the Eastern seaboard and the IMF threatens world domination.

How did I go from wine to IMF domination? Simple, watching television. In the middle of giving thanks it hit me how blessed I am to have grown up on the edge of the Empire. While I do not advocate world domination I benefit from the imperialistic actions of my nation. Yea! Me. I comfort myself with the knowledge that if Jesus wanted me poor I would not have been born on the edge of the empire.

Yet something gnaws at my insides when I see the oil laden Sudan split and put itself at the mercy of the IMF. Seeing Libya poised to become the next to suckle at the teet of the IMF stirs something inside of me. I desire to scream to shout to them of the grave error they are making. Yet my selfish need to enjoy my latte in an air conditioned lounge stills my tongue. Maybe my inner Christ will one day move me to speech.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...