Skip to main content

Pure hubris

I am writing this quick bit of hubris just to mouth-off on America and corporations. Last night I got a tweet from Donna Brazile.

Donna Brazile
@donnabrazile Donna Brazile
#We the People! We pay & own it. We are responsible, they accountable. Obama can direct us, but we must lead the way forward. Believe Dat!


I initially started typing something on my iPhone but sleep took me away. I had no plans to provide links for what I am about to write. We the people must stop allowing those elected, those who own corporations, and those in the media from taking away our rights and giving those rights to corporations. It is time that we form and patronize socially and environmentally responsible companies.

I am not calling on you to do something easy. It will be hard for me to give up my Wal-Mart habit. It will be very hard for me to do so. However, until we send a message with our feet and finances life will continue to worsen in this country.

There are entities who do their best to keep unrest in this country to keep our eyes off the profits they make from doing business outside the United States while accepting U.S. subsidies. I am not looking for my buddies in China, New Zeland, or Australia to be without the physical joys of life. I am looking for companies to be more honest about how they are doing business.

The corporate lobbyist are so strong they have managed to get corporations classified as individuals. WTL!!!???!!! It has been a blip on the American media radar ( http://bit.ly/gt6Z44) We watch so many bling filled videos that we honestly believe an increase in taxes on those who make in excess of $250K will hurt our take home pay. We say nothing about the cash filled coffers of corporations who have refused to hire new employees while accepting taxpayer dollars. I am feeling all alone in the sea of intelligence, again.

We the people can mitigate business as normal in the United Sates. First we must accept and understand we are now a global economy. As long as we continue to deny that fact we will not experience any growth on any level. Secondly we must patronize those companies that have a proven record of being socially and environmentally responsible. Third we must form new corporations dedicated to improving and elevating life on this planet. Fourth, we must be willing to bite the bullet of change that the afore steps demand of us to make it a success.

President Obama's campaign slogan was "Yes, we can." He never said "Yes, I can". Until we the people step-up he nor the few still trying "can". Some have made a mockery of hope, faith and the audacity for the common people to have either. I close my ears to such word for if not for hope and faith, I would not write this blog.

Stop complaining. It is time for action. It is time for action that liberates not only you but your neighbor as well. It is time for us to act locally while thinking globally. We are not an island unto ourselves. Look at what happened to Japan and China when they tried to wall off from the world. They became stuck in time. I am soap box rambling at this point. Check out the links below. Know that you make a difference.

http://bit.ly/gJopqT


My link bundle. I am still learning so if one does not work try the other. Thanks


http://bit.ly/bundles/amsmadwoman/1

bit.ly Bundles http://bit.ly/hLBPOE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...