Skip to main content

Twitter lesson #10089 - Applebee's IMHO

Ok, boys and girls, I have another Twitter lesson for you.  Watch what you tweet.  It seems I have gained a follower on Twitter as a result of something I may have tweeted recently. 

I sent a tweet in reply to a tweet someone sent recently about having dinner at Applebee's.  I replied to the tweet with directions to another restaurant with a suggestion McDs would be better.  It seems my tweet did not go unnoticed.  I stand behind my comments.

I have been traveling since I was 1.  (Long story of models, airline stewardess, and flight privileges).  I am a big woman who lives to eat. Because of traveling for work I got out of the habit of cooking at home.  Only because of a stroke did I slow my roll and return to cooking at home.  However, I and my children are no strangers to restaurant dining.   We also are not afraid to just say forget it when a restaurant continues to produce plastic food. 

Applebee's was placed on that list after several attempts to enjoy their new creations fell flat.  In my home we now look at those commercials and laugh.  We have left too many uneaten  meals on the table at Applebee's.  I can not recall when Applebee's went bad but I know in the late 80's, I loved Applebee's.  Today, I am willing to eat from the vending machine rather than at Applebee's.

My issues with Applebee's:
Franchising diminishes the quality of service.
Servers not attentive. Water comes out with meal? Seriously
Advertised special not available.
Food tastes as if heated in plastic in a microwave.  Is it possible to get anything fresh?

I am not asking for Gordon Ramsay service and food .  I am asking for the service staff to be aware of the menu, fresh food, less microwave tasting food, and more flavor. It is not fair, especially for diners far from home, to have a choice of not eating or of eating food with less flavor than cardboard.

I am only writing of my experience with Applebee's in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Tennessee.  I may have missed a state.  I am sure my opinion would improve if the glass of water arrived at my table in less than 15 minutes of my being seated.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...