Skip to main content

Occupy cotinue to stand

It is amazing how the elected officials continue to be sock puppets for the 1%. These people pretend hard to not hear what we are saying. They pretend that OccupyWallStreet happened out of the blue. Worse yet they pretend that Americans had no clue before the Arab Spring. NO. We as Americans have been well aware as to what is going on in our nation. We had shut our eyes and ears to pretend the molestation of our rights and liberties by our favorite uncle was not occurring. However, we have finally reached the recovery stage of our lives. We understand that we do not have to be victims. We can control our responses to the economic and environmental abuses against us. We now know we are not alone. We stand together ready to face our abuser in the system of universal justice that is now in play. Stand strong Occupy. There will be those who attempt to derail the progress. They will come from the inside and the outside. Take stock. Check your moral compass hourly and the movement will not die. Allow no egos to rise from the movement despite the flocking of egos to the movement. This movement is not for the moment but for 1,000 years from this moment. No more do we sell our souls for a moment's respite from the tribulation of daily life. We keep faith that the pain and tribulations will pass if we continue to stand strong. We may not see it but we must believe it. Please read the links below. Occupy Wall Street did not just happen. It is merely the people being tired of trickle down. Links http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/11/06/1033486/-Occupy-the-Hood:-Communities-of-color-and-the-Occupy-movement?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29 http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/occupy-atlanta-police-halt-1217965.html http://rt.com/news/occupy-london-march-camp-645/ http://tarsandsaction.org http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozmOQqRw0j4 http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2011/nov/06/is-capitalism-broken-occupy http://www.occupyoakland.org/ http://www.facebook.com/occupymississippi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...