Skip to main content

Power to the people

This weekend I got a tweet regarding something said by the president. The president is to have said, " it is for government and business to lead America into the future". I replied to the tweet, " I disagree with the president. It is for the American people to lead America to the future.".

I worry that we the people have lost our minds along with our collective will. I can at no point remember turning over my life to government dictates. I am dang sure I have not given into corporate mind control.

We need to awake to the daily warnings. Recently corporations have been given rights as individuals. The Republicans, supported by Fox News, used every bit of misinformation available to get people to vote against the good of the people. There is now a call for school choice rather than improve local schools.

We the people must lead this country. We must let the courts know the difference between individuals and corporations. We must let political parties know the power is with the people not a political party. We are too independent to be summed up by one party. We must take back and improve our local schools. We do not need to bus our children across town to get a quality education.

We can do it. We did it before we had corporations. We did it before we had mega school districts. We can do it now. Our time. Our power. Our future.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...