Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today in the U.S. we give thanks for our many blessings during the year.

I am thankful that my family is still breathing. I am thankful that I have not slayed the entire bunch for the dumb stuff they do. Life is good and I am thankful for it.

I am thankful that someone had given to the president the okay to fight back. Since the people giving the okay are of the Caucasian racially category, he may actually listen. He has spent the first two years of hid administration attempting to appease the Fox News viewers to no avail.
I give thanks that he decided, at some point in the last year, to acknowledge the lost cause of attempting to convert Fox News devotees to a progressive mindset. He is starting to show a firm hand.
I am also thankful that Nancy Pelosi is still in offfice. Pardon me as I choke on some crow. I never thought the day would come that I would be thankful to have that overtly self-serving female in office. However, she will continue to hold her seat as long ad she continues to stand strong on the democratic ideals on which she campaigns. She has shown more testicular fortitude than those who carry a biological pair.
Looking back on my year I sm able to give sincere thanks Things that I thought to be hopeless, now have hope. I did not expect the president to find a backbone or for Nancy Pelosi to be the saving grace of the ddems in D.C. It has been shown to me that one should never assume life is set in stone. Things have a way if changing over a period of time. We should give thanks in each moment of our lives.

May God bless each of you in the coming year. Happy Thanksgiving.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just hanging with friends

Sometimes when I have enough of my dry county life, I head to Jackson to take in the sights and sounds of the big city. I am posting some pics I took on one such visit to Jackson. I am still learning how to be better at video. I hope to have it right before son graduates from high school. If not I shall have it ready in time for my first grandchild's Ph.D. ceremony.

Black Lightning is more than ready for prime time

Black Lightning It is finally here.   I do mean finally for I have been waiting for seems to be ages (1977).   I am calling for a second season having only watched the first two episodes.   I am not sure of the level of involvement Tony Isabella & Trevor Von Eeden in the production of each episode.     The first two I enjoyed, did I say that already?   The first two episodes seems to have been packed with every issue seen in mainstream media and think pieces regarding the Black community.   This posting is not a think piece. It is my piss piece.   Before I touch on the piss, thanks, many thanks, to Salim and Mara Akil for making it happen. Black Lighting   opens with a Black parent, once again, having to bail a child out of jail for exercising his/her right of protest in the USA. We need to question why peaceful protests with no guns see protestors arrested. Please do not take I am saying people of color should have guns at pro...

White Boys Whine

Quick  and dirty   Star Trek  Discovery  is everything  I  thought  it would  be.  It is my hope the White  boys  chill the fuck out .  There will be a White male captain .   The Black  woman  will be of a lowered  status.  White  boys  are you appeased ? My personal  view fuck White  boys who had their dicks in a vise  over women  of color  at the helm of a fictional  space vessel.  I shall watch  Star Trek  Discovery .  I shall pay the fee to CBS Access  with joy. If you wanted to watch OITNB you paid  Netflix . Overall  I look  forward  to the day a fictional  show  that features  women  of color  in prominent  positions  doesn't  freak out White males.  They were  so freaked  out  they compared  The Orville  to Star Trek  Discover...